Norwalk Community Hospital Achieves Clinical Quality Awards from Healthgrades
Norwalk Community Hospital and Los Angeles Community Hospital received "5 stars" for excellent clinical outcomes, according to Healthgrades’ 2023 Quality Ratings & Awards, which evaluate performance at almost 4,500 hospitals nationwide to determine clinical excellence in 17 specialty care areas.
In total, Los Angeles Community Hospitals achieved two Specialty Excellence awards for pulmonary and patient safety, and seven five-star quality awards in five categories: cardiac, critical care, orthopedics, gastrointestinal (GI), and pulmonary.
"We commend the recognized hospitals for their ongoing commitment to high-quality specialty care," said Dr. Brad Bowman, Healthgrades’ chief medical officer and head of data science. "Healthgrades 2023 Specialty Excellence awards and ratings showcase hospitals around the country that deliver consistently exceptional patient outcomes in a given medical specialty."
“It’s heartening to see the results of all of the hard work from our doctors, nurses, and staff at all of our hospitals,” said Prospect Medical Holdings' Cathy Stevens, Corporate Chief Nursing Officer & Quality, Patient Safety, and Clinical Excellence Officer. “We look forward to continuing to bring compassionate care and state-of-the-art medical services to the communities we serve.”
LOS ANGELES COMMUNITY HOSPITALS (Los Angeles, Norwalk) – 2023 BY THE NUMBERS
- 7 Five-Star Achievements
- 2 Specialty Excellence Awards for Pulmonary and Patient Safety
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 10 Years in a Row (2014-2023)
- Recipient of Healthgrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award for 5 Years in a Row (2019-2023)
- Named Among Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services for 5 Years in a Row (2019-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease for 6 Years in a Row (2018-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 5 Years in a Row (2019-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction in 2023
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 5 Years in a Row (2019-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Emergencies in 2023
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2022 Patient Safety Excellence Award
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety in 2022
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety in 2022