Nursing Educational Opportunities
New Graduate Registered Nurse (RN) Residency Program
The New Graduate Registered Nurse (RN) Residency Program is an evidence-based and structured program built upon a competency-based framework, designed to address the challenges faced by newly licensed RNs as they make transition to professional practice. This program helps to effectively close the academic-to-practice gap so that we can retain safe, competent, and confident nurses who are prepared to continue their professional growth.
The New Graduate RN Residency Program is a full-time employment opportunity. The program is intensive clinical practice, followed by ongoing sessions designed to build upon what the nurse resident is experiencing in clinical practice.
We provide a cohort experience to allow for support, shared experiences, reflective practice opportunities and socialization as new graduate RNs acclimate to their professional role. Support is also provided by preceptors, unit leadership and educators during the program.
Requirements to qualify for the New Graduate RN Residency Program:
- Licensure: Current, active and unencumbered California registered nurse license prior to starting the program
- Education: Graduate from an accredited nursing program within the last 12-14 months; associate degree in nursing (ADN) or BS in nursing (BSN) preferred
- Certification: Current and active Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
- Experience: Less than 12 months of acute care hospital-based experience as a licensed RN prior to starting the program
- Two-year employment commitment
Interested in applying for our RN residency program? Submit your application through our career portal.
Nursing Educational Opportunities and Resources
We offer a variety of educational opportunities and resources to support the continuous learning needs and professional development of our nurses:
- Preceptor development and education
- Nurse leader academy
- Charge nurse development
- Transitional practice programs in medical/surgical, telemetry, step-down and critical care
- Unlimited access to more than 1,800 CE courses in our CE Center (HealthStream)
- Access to courses in our HealthStream Learning Management System
- Formal education programs
- Orientation programs for experienced nurses in a variety of clinical areas