Our Core Values
One Mission. One Team. One You.
Norwalk Community Hospital’s core values were developed to drive culture integration, standardize performance expectations, and to promote specific behaviors expected for all employees across the organization. These are our primary values and are deeply ingrained principles that guide our hospital and serve as our personal and operational cornerstones. These values are constant in our interactions and are reflected in every internal and external interactions as we fulfill our mission and vision.
We honor our commitments and focus on “how it can be done.”
- We take ownership and deliver results without excuses
- We are dependable; we are on time and are present
- We follow through on our commitments
- We are knowledgeable about what is expected of us
- We take responsibility for our actions
- We lead by example
We understand and reflect the diverse communities we serve.
- We communicate to develop a personal connection
- We engage in active listening
- We demonstrate kindness to self and others
- We act to address suffering at all times
- We are aware of self-bias and refrain from passing judgment
- We serve as an advocate for those in need
We are committed to highest quality and safety standards.
- We strive to always demonstrate positive behaviors
- We recognize and celebrate outstanding performance
- We use evidence-based solutions to solve problems
- We always speak up for safety
- We continuously improve
We embrace change and continually seek new ways to improve.
- We seek out and listen to others’ ideas
- We challenge the status quo and the routine way of doing business
- We are open to change even in the midst of ambiguity
- We seek out best practices and new ways of doing things
- We maintain an open mind to new ideas
- We offer creative solutions to solve organizational challenges
- We are resilient and adaptable in the face of challenges
We recognize trusting relationships are key to achieving success.
- We demonstrate collaboration within and outside our individual departments
- We seek others input to address challenges and make decisions
- We actively support others to learn and grow
- We recognize team members for a job well done
- We consistently seek out others who need to know or be involved
- We consider how our individual actions affect the team
We treat others as they want to be treated.
- We care about others as people first
- We treat people with dignity, politeness, and kindness
- We never insult, disparage, belittle, or shut down people or their ideas
- We engage with one another regardless of titles, positions, or tenure
- We assume good intent in all our interactions with each other and ask for clarity when necessary
- We are in the moment and engage one another with appropriate verbal and non-verbal expressions
We are down-to-earth, honest, and approachable.
- We honor our words and commitments
- We say what we mean, and we mean what we say
- We do the right thing even when no one is watching
- We consider all available information when forming an opinion, making a decision, or reaching a conclusion
- We speak up when something does not seem right
- We do not engage in gossip
- We maintain confidentiality